Sunday 21 June 2015

Christmas in June?

Hello!

I've been thinking it is about time to start making Christmas cards. Last year I almost exhausted my supplies. If I don't start now I'll never have enough for this year! I've been wanting to join in over at MUSE Christmas Visions, and finally I have done it. Yay!
I used SU! Dasher with a Mama Elephant sentiment. The background is sponged distress ink and glimmer mist. It's nice and "Twinkle-y". :-)

My inspiration came from the MUSE Christmas Visions card by Betty.
I took the sketch from Freshly Made Sketches.
So, one card down, about one hundred left to make. ;-)

Thanks for visiting!

Michelle
xxx

14 comments:

Ardyth said...

Great combination of these challenges! Love how you've interpreted Betty's inspiration - keep playing with us and you'll be in good shape by Christmas! lol! Thanks for joining us at MCV, Michelle!

Jenni's Jems said...

This is really gorgeous and I love the idea of using glimmer mist to make it twinkle! x

Kim Heggins said...

wow...what a beautiful card. love all the fabulous blue and that sentiment is just perfect!

Julia Aston said...

A beautiful version of Betty's card Michelle - love that reindeer adn the pretty sentiment!

Jen Mitchell said...

This sure does twinkle! I love the sponged background and the way you've added some magical stars around the antlers!

Lynn said...

Yahoo for getting started on your Christmas cards. These are both fabulous!

Betty Wright said...

This is beautiful, Michelle! Wonderful Christmas card! Thanks so much for joining us at MCV!

Karren said...

Beautiful soft and serene Christmas card! Your blue background is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

So pretty! That ME sentiment is my favorite!

Birgit said...

I agree with the others...this is a wonderful Christmas card in soft colors swhich I would be happy to get:)

Tracey McNeely said...

Michelle that is a fantastic CASE, beautiful design!

Margaret said...

A lovely card!

Kim S said...

LOVE the subtle color variations in the backdrop to your sweet reindeer! Thank you for playing along with us at Freshly Made Sketches!

Kelly Latevola said...

Love your take on the card. I can't believe you're starting Christmas cards already! I start them like two weeks before Christmas . . .admittedly not the best plan ;)