Friday 11 April 2014

Runway Inspired #57 - a little bit of modern art

Hello!

If you've been hanging around here for a while, you'll know how much I love Runway Inspired Challenge. You'll also know that I haven't entered very much lately. The inspiration is constant, but RIC really stretches me, and it takes some time for my ideas to come to fruition. Most of the time I miss the deadline! But not this time, I have almost a whole day before the deadline, yay!!

The inspiration this week took me in a whole new direction in card design. I really enjoyed the journey. This is what I love about RIC - I try so many new ideas out! :-) This is what I came up with.
I used PTI Doodlie-Do, Building Blocks, and Square Prints stamps. Inks are a mix of SU! and Memento Luxe.

And this was the inspiration. What a cute dress. I think I would like this dress in my wardrobe, gorgeous shape, and quirky pattern. :-)  I'm not sure I can pull of the short hemline these days, but you never know...  This dress had me wishing I had a pigeon stamp. On the topic of pigeons, who puts a pigeon on a dress??? So unexpected, and so much fun!
Today I went for a lymphatic drainage massage. I'm still battling my sinus infection. My massage was AWESOME. I'm hoping it has a positive impact on my health, quickly. I'm falling further and further behind at work, and I know how much is waiting for me when I am back up to speed, sigh!

Thanks for stopping by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

17 comments:

Jen W. said...

Michelle, this is gorgeous! So funky and cool just like the dress! You always rock the RIC!!!

Lynn said...

Michelle, this is so cool! I love the end result especially how you placed the sentiments. Hope the massage has the impact you need it to have! Feel better!

wienerhoneymooners said...

Nailed it!!! BEYOND awesome!

Toni said...

You were spot on with capturing the challenge and even if you hadn't, it's a great card

Wida said...

this my dear is incredible. pinning

Kim Heggins said...

This is just one crazy card...I love it and every little detail you added, just so fun.

Deepti said...

You nailed it Michelle , I am in love with ur creation :)

Unknown said...

AMAZING!!! Fabulous design!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Wow Michelle - this is just so fantastic!

Karen M said...

Super cool card michelle - Great design & I love everything about it! Hugs xx

Michele Kovack said...

I adore this card! Great take on the challenge!

Joni Andaya said...

Awesome take Michelle!!! LOVE <3

Lyndal said...

FAB, FAB, FAB - just LOVE this!!!

Jenny said...

I had the exact same thought about pigeons on dresses!!!
Awesome take on the dress fabric :0)

Jennifer Rzasa said...

You have definitely captured the look of the dress...I love this card! Thanks so much for joining us on the Runway!

My Paper Epiphany said...

Congrats on shout out! I thought you should have won!

Katie Ann Brooks said...

AMAZING use of the runway inspiration! I love the modern feel of this!