Sunday 2 December 2012

Christmas Baubles

Hello!

It's Christmas card season. I have to get some of these posted this week. I do want some of my overseas friends and family to actually receive cards from me this year, and BEFORE Christmas would be great!

I made this card for three challenges.
I used PTI Peace, Love, Joy, and Snowflake Serenade, as well as SU! Ornament Keepsakes. Colours are SU! Soft Suede, Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Very Vanilla. I embossed the sentiments in gold. Twine is Twinery Cappuccino. 

I can't tell you how long I have been watching Papertrey Ink's Make-It-Monday, and I don't think I've ever entered, despite being endlessly inspired! This is challenge #93, and it is all about splitting die cuts. For these baubles, I stamped the baubles, then I cut top and bottom of the centre strip, and then I die-cut (and the centre fell out). By doing this, I wasn't trying to hold that little bauble in my paper-trimmer and keep a straight line.

Over at Addicted to CAS, for their challenge #2, the code word is BAUBLE. I don't think further explanation is necessary on this one. :-)

And just before I made this card today, the new inspiration board was published at Jay Gee's Nook. This is challenge #26. I loved those coppery-gold baubles, and the creams, and hot chocolate. I couldn't resist!

Thanks for coming by to visit!

Michelle
xxx

18 comments:

Lynn said...

Gorgeous take on the inspiration photo Michelle. I love the neutral color tones.

Nancy Penir said...

Saw your card on PTI's lineup and was smitten. Beautiful! And fits 3 challenges, WOW!

Jen W. said...

When I logged into Blogger and saw this I had to come straight over and check it out. It's gorgeous! Love the warm colours and the clever way you used the die cuts. :)

Sue said...

An amazing card, Michelle. The colour scheme and baubles are lovely. Thank you for joining us at ATCAS. Sue x

Wida said...

Helloooo awesomeness all over the place here! I find joining new challenges fun! I have been trying paper smooches myself!

Donna Hanley said...

This is a very pretty, soft card. I love it.

Loll said...

Love the ornaments with the stamped words in the middle. Great depth with the layering of dies. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS.

Kylie said...

That is a cool technique. Your baubles are awesome! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS! xx

Jacquie Southas said...

Gorgeous card & great tip on cutting the lines before die cutting the ornaments!

Joyce said...

Fabulous implementation of the MIM. Those words look great on those ornaments.

Unknown said...

Gorgeous card Michelle. Love how you've used these die cuts in such a different way. Thanks for joining us at A2CAS.

Karen x

Tracey McNeely said...

Fantastic card Michelle, what a great use of that stamp set and this week's MIM.

Marlena M. said...

This is FANTASTIC Michelle! I love the colors and design~

Jay Gee said...

Beautiful Michelle. Love the sentiments in the middle of the ornaments - it looks so good! Thanks so much for joining us at Jay Gee's :)

Unknown said...

Love your 'bauble' card Michelle! Thanks so much for playing along with us this month ... Ange

stressfreestamping said...

Very pretty! I love the colors you chose. Thanks for playing at ATCAS this week!

kingstonmama said...

Oh my! This is beautiful. I love your neutral colors, the snowflake background, and those split baubles. :) ann

Sudha said...

Beautiful. I love this.

Sudha
sudha-kalra.blogspot.in