Thursday 1 September 2011

Happy Fathers Day, Hubby!

Hello!

Fathers Day here in Australia is this coming Sunday. As usual, I have been fluffing around trying to work out what card I would give to my hubby. Masculine cards and I aren't the best of friends. I don't know why, but all the great "man" ideas I come up with seem to NOT translate to paper from my head.  The sentiment I want to convey to my husband on Fathers Day is that I am thrilled to have him  as my partner in this parenting business, and how much I love him.  He isn't a fluffy-card type man. And as I've said before, he rarely gets excited about my cards. I've made about four cards so far. This one might be the one, but I still have a couple more days to go. . .

I decided to use the joint Clean & Simple and ColourQ challenge this week:
I was looking for a masculine colour scheme, and I liked this one:
The card I came up with was:
This card was so, so difficult to photograph and edit! The contrast of light and dark, the clear embossing, all conspired against me, LOL.  I clear embossed the definitions to give the card some texture and interest, and to get those sentiments that I was trying to convey across. The sentiment definitions I used: Delight, Happy, XOXO.


I used (all SU!):
Stamps: Artistic Etchings, Life Definitions
Ink: Crumb Cake, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Night of Navy
Card: Whisper White, Certainly Celery, Night of Navy, Bashful Blue, Sahara Sand

So what do you think?

Michelle
xxx

P.S. Come back later today for some exciting news from me.

7 comments:

Shirlann said...

love this one! It has given me some ideas to make more masculine cards...tough to come up with!

Kara said...

how sweet!! love the colors and the hearts!! thanks for joining us this week at the ColourQ!!

LeroyLime said...

Love the clear embossing and I'm sure your hubby will LOVE his bit of paper LOVE from you!

Sylvia said...

Lovely Father's Day card, Michelle! Love what you did with your colors. Thanks for joining us for the 100th challenge at the ColourQ.

Arielle H Gordon said...

How sweet! Love that bottom panel... very cool effect! Thank you so much for playing with our 100th challenge at the colourQ!

Anita Scroggins said...

Great job on the card - don't you just hate it when you make a wonderful project and then you can't make it come across in a photo! Thanks for playing along with out 100th challenge at the ColourQ!

Unknown said...

This card is so pretty!!! I love the colors together! I will be featuring this card on My Crafty Picks #33 with a link back to your blog on 9-11-11. Make sure to stop by to check out all the picks and to pick up your Blog Badge for being featured too!!

If you wish to decline please email me at trbauer@insightbb.com

Take care
Tiffany Bauer
www.mycraftyworld.blogspot.com